After four years in Korea, we’re back in the USA and still trying to figure out this new life at home in Durham, NC, while taking photos and writing stories about it. Read more about us and the story of how this all came together! You can also find publication history and how to work with us!
Duke Stewart | Writer
Well aside from the awesome people who write Guest Posts, me!
“Duke Stewart” is a pseudonym and my real name is Carl Hedinger. I started writing under the pen name because this was really just my hobby at first, and the name sounded cool. It’s a combination of two of my favorite people on the planet—Hunter Thompson’s Raoul Duke and one of the smartest and funniest men on the planet, Jon Stewart.
Christina Riley | Photographer
The person in charge of 99% of the photos is my wonderful wife Christina or Mrs. Stewart. She has tinkered with the first two that I mentioned but is a genius with our Nikon d5100 and the 55mm lens that came with it. When she’s not taking photos, Christina is usually hunting for a rock to stand on or a mountaintop to do yoga poses on.
Together, our content has been published and shared by tourism bureaus and travel influencers from all over the world.
“Looking for some travel tips around Korea? This website is an excellent resource for those wishing to travel to more remote places in Korea.” – PIK, Made in Korea
“Duke is very dedicated and although he is a volunteer, he works way beyond his job description. The magazine website is looking fabulous thanks to Duke’s talent and expertise. He is very helpful, always willing to share his knowledge and he is very hardworking.” – Nana Kim, Gwangju News
Have a Kindle? Pick up a Copy of My First Ebook at Amazon!
“This is a good collection that will make anyone who reads it feel like striking out on their own and having adventures.” – JeriWB
Online Publications (2015–present)
Eagle Creek – 6 Ways to Explore Tokyo Like a Local
Eagle Creek – How to Help the Earth while Traveling
I’m a regular contributor to Eagle Creek and I’d love for you to read more of my work for them.
Huffington Post – 25 Trip-Worthy Spots Away from Seoul
Hipmunk – Flying Into Beautiful Seoul
Korea Observer – Travel to Connect
Matador Network – 10 Commandments of Living in North Carolina
Matador Network – 24 Hours in Durham
PIK Blog – Recording Memories
Tripeasel – Eight Lessons from Life Abroad
Seoul Magazine -“Yeosu” (March 2015)
Gwangju News –“Gwangju Monthly News” – (2011–14)
Around the World in Katie Days – Bloggers Share Their Favorite Christmas Memories from Around the World & The Naked Truth: Tales From the Jimjilbang
Bobo and Chichi – What did Korea do to my face? A Passport Nightmare
Divergent Travelers – 36 Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit the Philippines
Life Outside Texas – Ultimate Guide to Rail Biking in Korea
Rafiqua Israel Express – The Best Views in Korea
Wander With Jo – 73 Amazing Holiday Destinations
We can offer various services related to marketing and travel as a whole. Let’s work together so I can help build your brand or business! Contact via email and we can talk more about it!
What Do We Offer?
- Professional Quality – As a writer/photographer team who’ve been published in magazines throughout the world (see above), we take pride in our work. We’ll deliver professionally written articles with high-quality images about your product, brand, city, you name it. That is guaranteed.
- Coverage and Exposure – The message doesn’t stop here. We’ll bring massive and long-term social media coverage to you from our growing network (25,000+, 21 mil reach). Work with us and we’ll get the word out for you.
How Can We Work Together?
- Reviews or Giveaways – To give your brand more exposure, We’d love to review it and even announce a giveaway to get our readers excited about you.
- FAM/Press Trips – We’d love to write about and photograph your wonderful city/region through a FAM or Press Trip. Christina and I love to travel and want to share the world with our readers and yours, too!
- Marketing – As marketers who run social media accounts for this site and beyond, we know a thing or two about gaining exposure for brands and individuals.
- Writing/Editing Services – As a professional writer, I have an eye for words and would be happy to help you find the right message. I can write and edit and would love to be your wordsmith.
- Photography – Christina is a talented photographer and also has great skill at photo-editing. If you’d like to purchase our photos or even talk with Christina about sprucing up your photos, give us a shout!
Let’s Talk via Email
If you want to work with us in any of the listed ways or have something else in mind, get in touch via email and we can definitely talk in more detail.