It all started with a meeting in a West Virginia bar that led to leaving home and coming back after four years in Korea. Today we are still trying to figure out this new life at home while taking photos and writing stories about it.
Duke Stewart Writes
Well aside from the awesome people who write Guest Posts, me!
My personal friends call me “Carl” and you are welcome to as well. I’ve chosen the pseudonym “Duke Stewart” for a variety of reasons and started while we were living in South Korea. Since moving to Durham in 2015 with my wife and awesome photographer, I’m a recovering expat who writes about Life through Travel stories and guides.
Christina Takes Photos
Aside from the occasional GoPro or iPhone shot that I provide, the person in charge of photos is my wonderful wife Christina or Mrs. Stewart. She has tinkered with the first two that I mentioned but is a genius with our Nikon d5100 and the 55mm lens that came with it. When she’s not taking photos, Christina is usually hunting for a rock to stand on or a mountaintop to do yoga poses on.
Published Work & Testimonials
Together, our content has been published and shared by various publications, tourism agencies, and by influencers from all over the world.
“Looking for some travel tips around Korea? This website is an excellent resource for those wishing to travel to more remote places in Korea.” – PIK, Made in Korea
“Duke is very dedicated and although he is a volunteer, he works way beyond his job description. The magazine website is looking fabulous thanks to Duke’s talent and expertise. He is very helpful, always willing to share his knowledge and he is very hardworking.” – Nana Kim, Gwangju News
Have a Kindle? Pick up a Copy of My First Ebook at Amazon!
“This is a good collection that will make anyone who reads it feel like striking out on their own and having adventures.” – JeriWB
Online Publications (2015–present)
Eagle Creek – 6 Ways to Explore Tokyo Like a Local
Eagle Creek – The Do’s the Don’ts of Thailand
Huffington Post – 25 Trip-Worthy Spots Away from Seoul
Hipmunk – Flying Into Beautiful Seoul
Korea Observer – Travel to Connect
Matador Network – 10 Commandments of Living in North Carolina
Matador Network – 24 Hours in Durham
PIK Blog – Recording Memories
Tripeasel – Eight Lessons from Life Abroad
Seoul Magazine -“Yeosu” (March 2015)
Gwangju News –“Gwangju Monthly News” – (2011–14)
Around the World in Katie Days – Bloggers Share Their Favorite Christmas Memories from Around the World & The Naked Truth: Tales From the Jimjilbang
Divergent Travelers – 36 Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit the Philippines
Life Outside Texas – Ultimate Guide to Rail Biking in Korea
Rafiqua Israel Express – The Best Views in Korea
Wander With Jo – 73 Amazing Holiday Destinations
We’re not just a writer and photographer team and can offer various services related to marketing and travel as a whole. Let’s work together so I can help build your brand or business! Contact via email and we can talk more about it!
What Can We Offer?
- Professional Quality – As a writer/photographer team who’ve been published in magazines throughout the world, we take pride in our work. We’ll deliver professionally written articles with high-quality images about your product, brand, city, you name it. That is guaranteed.
- Coverage and Exposure – Rest assured that the message doesn’t stop here. We’ll bring heavy and longterm social media coverage to you from our ever-growing network (25,000+, 21 mil reach). Work with us and we’ll get the word out for you.
How Can We Work Together?
- Reviews or Giveaways – To give your brand more exposure, We’d love to review it and even announce a giveaway to get our readers as excited about it as the , throw a giveaway or take photos and
- FAM/Press Trips – We’d love to write about and photograph your wonderful city/region through a FAM or Press Trip. Christina and I love to travel and want to share the world through words and photos.
- Marketing – As marketers who run social media accounts for this site and beyond, we know a thing or two about gaining exposure for brands and individuals.
- Writing/Editing Services – As a professional writer, I have an eye for words and would be happy to help you find the right message. I can write or edit and would love to be your wordsmith.
- Photography – Christina is a talented photographer and also has great skill at editing. If you’d like to purchase our photos or even talk with Christina about sprucing up your photos, give us a shout!
Let’s Talk via Email
If you want to work with us in any of the listed ways or have something else in mind, get in touch via email and we can definitely talk in more detail.